16 August 2019
Ten new red light and speed cameras will be installed across metropolitan Adelaide to help improve road safety.
The locations include:
- Maxwell Road/Main North Road intersection, Parafield
- Main North Road/Tolmer Road intersection, Elizabeth Park
- Globe Derby Drive/Port Wakefield Road intersection, Globe Derby Park
- Tapleys Hill Road/Old Port Road intersection, Royal Park (near Alberton Primary School)
- Walkleys Road/Montague Road intersection, Ingle Farm (near Ingle Farm Primary School)
- Stephen Terrace pedestrian crossing, Walkerville (near Walkerville Primary School)
- Marion Road pedestrian crossing, Park Holme (near Ascot Park Primary School)
- Beach Road pedestrian crossing, Morphett Vale (near Calvary Lutheran Primary School)
- Ascot Avenue pedestrian crossing, Vale Park (near Vale Park Primary School)
A tenth camera will be installed at the pedestrian crossing on Goodwood Road near the Daws Road/Goodwood Road/Springbank Road intersection, once the project to realign this intersection has been completed.
The new camera locations were identified using a range of factors, including the number of injury crashes, driver behaviour and the presence of vulnerable road users. Read more about how fixed speed camera locations are chosen here.
The nine new cameras listed above will be installed throughout August, with “red light and speed camera ahead” signs, and become operational after strict testing by the South Australian Police.